Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting....Kind of




It’s a fun day today; I’m doing a MS Cupcake Club post! This month Kim from What the Whisk chose Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes. I should start of by saying there are two seasons in my house- College Football and waiting for College Football. So it’s with this that my fall cupcakes come in a different spirit then what Martha had in mind. Truth be told, we had all my husband’s friends over for the game on Saturday and I needed to bake my cupcakes but I couldn’t very well give a bunch of grown men, who are still holding on to their college youth, a cupcake with a perfectly formed marzipan pumpkin on it. It’s not times like this, when everyone is worried about the quarterback and his concussion and the faith of the world which relies on this football team, that you serve cute foods. Oh no! In times like this you suck up your pride and contribute to the insanity that is college football. After all, if the football team loses, I may not care but I will suffer the consequences of a grumpy husband for weeks to come. So with that I will do my part and I hope the MS Cupcake Club will forgive me and understand my predicament of being a football wife :)

As for the Cupcakes, like all the others in the book, I found to be great. Were they outstanding? No. I will probably try a couple more pumpkin cupcakes before I remake these. As for the icing, as I’ve mentioned before I am not a fan of Martha’s Cream Cheese Frosting. It’s far too buttery. I have to make a lot of alterations to meet my tastes.

21 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to tweak them to work for the football game. They are still cute. I thought they were just okay too. Thanks for baking along with me this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the college football theme! Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men don't appreciate cutesy cupcakes - no matter what season. At least that's my experience!

    I thought these were good, too - but it's hard to think about making them again, when there are so many other recipes to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the frosting! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea! I bet the men loved the cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Blue & Orange Frostings are amazing! These were just ok for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is hilarious! You served MANLY MEN cupcakes instead! I love the bold frosting colors! That is hot!

    I agree with you about Martha's cream cheese ultra- buttery frosting. I usually use my own recipe.

    Thanks for baking with us this month!

    Go Team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a supportive wife! I would have made them pause the game and admire my pumpkins...oh except for the fact that I bought candy pumpkins to stick on top instead.

    Generally, I'm not in love with cream cheese icing (I know that makes me a bit of a freak), so I like that Martha's is a bit more buttery and a bit less cream cheesy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great with the bright icing on top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i agree with the frosting comment. i used a different frosting too- a pumpkin swiss meringue buttercream. it's not too sweet like the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a sweet wife! My boyfriend is a big time sports fan as well...so I can relate! Your cupcakes looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue and orange - way to go! They look great - no matter what color! They look perfect - I'm sure everyone enjoyed them - what a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of coloring the frosting to match the team! I should test my color skils for scarlet and gray :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the great thing about baking--you can make it suit whatever the occasion may be. What frosting recipe do you like? Hubby said these were the best cupcakes he has ever eaten, that is impressive as we have been marries 34 years! And I bake a lot! Enjoyed looking at your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh college football. I enjoy watching football at times...like when my school's winning haha.

    Love the bold color choices though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable! I had the same feeling about the cupcakes; they are good but I'm not sure if I'd make them again. They definitely were fun to make, though! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love college football so I can totally relate to what goes on in your house :) Great job on the cupcakes - love the colors and I'm sure the guys were big fans!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wait... are they blue and orange or... blue and maize??! GO BLUE!! :-) (hee,hee, nothing like introducing college football rivalry into cupcake dialogue!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL Professor Gal-it's blue and orange..Go Gators ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So funny.
    When I first saw the bright colors I kind of did a double-take. Gotcha now though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. even a seminole fan loved the frosting colors! thumbs up from both the guys and gals, these were great!! and i love your observation about two seasons during the year - feb through july is a sad season in our house too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe Now

Custom Search