Banana Pecan Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream Frosting








Whew! I think I’ve hit some sort of record for longest time between posts. I have no excuses, but I do promise to try harder :D! Well I kind of have an excuse, I'm back at school and I'm just trying to get back into the groove of things. It's been a while since I've sat in a classroom and had to hand in homework. It takes some adjusting!
So with that, I will move on to the purpose of this post-a MS:Cupcake Club post. For the month of September, we had two recipes: the Zucinni Spice Cupcakes and this bonus recipe. The cupcakes we had to make for this last day of September were Banana Pecan with Caramel Buttercream icing and oh my goodness were they good. The icing was really to die for….well ok maybe not to die for but you it was good! I will admit though that it was kind of a pain in the ass to make. First you whip the butter, then you make the caramel, then you heat and whip the egg whites, and then you mix everything together. Now we all know Ms. Martha has 10 bowls for her electric mixer but I only have one, so I do wish I had read the instruction beforehand because by the time I whipped the butter I was out of bowls! Apart from being a pain in the ass to make, it really was heavenly. I froze a bunch of the icing, so I will let you know how defrosted icing tastes. Oh, and if you’re wondering why my icing is so yellow, I added food coloring to it. As for the cupcake, it was good but I’ve had better banana breadish/cake/muffins. It was a little on the dry side for me but overall it was good. This is the second Martha cupcake recipe I’ve been pleased with. I’m on a roll; I hope I didn’t jinx myself!

6 comments:

  1. These look beautiful! I didn't think of coloring my frosting. Good idea. Mine came out with such a light caramel taste, it would have been good to add a little color. Great job and thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE JOB! I am digging your cupcakes! Coloring the frosting looks awesome!

    Thanks so much for doing the bonus round with us! Proud of you! :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Caramel buttercream = to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cuppys. They look nice and fluffy.

    I had left over buttercream so just added some TWD caramel and it came out just fine. But still don't like buttercream. Ah, well.

    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pics! Even though they were time consuming.. they were quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cupcakes. They look do wonderful, I can't wait to try the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe Now

Custom Search