Cornish Hens with Figs








I’ve been dying to use figs in a recipe ever since I saw them on display at my grocery store last week. Then coincidentally a couple days ago, my husband came home with two fig tree branches. They do not have roots so we’re going to try to root them in water and then plant them in the ground. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!!! We had a fig tree at our previous house and it was so lovely to wake up to fresh figs….except of course when the raccoons, squirrels or possums got to them before me. But that is beside the point, the point is that I adore fruit trees! There’s something so exciting and magical about them-especially for someone who grew up in the city. I now have four fruit trees growing on my property, so that should be enough to keep me occupied year long. Well lets hope so anyways because I don’t want to plant anymore trees, I mean don’t want to be known as the weird lady with the overrun property.

Well back to the figs and a recipe. When I got this months Gourmet, I was so excited to see a Cornish hen and fig recipe. I immediately knew I had to make it. The result as you can see is really pretty. It was a fun recipe to make and it was really really easy. Even the most novice of cooks could make this and have it be a success. If nothing else, I'll guarantee you'll love the name- Figgy Piggy Cornish Hens. I get such a kick out of it...yes I am a strange one but I tell you it's the little things in life. If you are interested in the recipe it can be found here!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so delicious my oohs and aahs made my husband look over twice. "Figs"? "Yes. They had a tree!" Then I had to try to figure out how to say Cornish hen in Spanish. I don't know where to get any here but I def. want to try this! Let us know if the branches take!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe Now

Custom Search