Zucchini-Spice Cupcakes






I must have a lot of time on my hands because I joined another online cooking club. Ok not really, but it’s just that I really wanted to join the MS: Cupcake Club. The MS stands for The Martha Stewart, as they are attempting to bake their way through Martha’s Cupcake book. Why did I Join? Because, I love cupcakes! They are so proud and delicious in all their individual glory. Everyone feels special getting their own mini anything and cupcakes are like your own individual cake….a cake made especially for you and you only ;) So now once a month I/we will bake a new recipe from Martha’s book. I will not be posting the recipes since we are baking every recipe. I hope you follow along and enjoy!
This month Tracy from Tracy’s Culinary Adventures has chosen Zucchini-Spice Cupcakes on pages 44. I have never baked with Zucchini before, so I really had no idea what to expect. It didn’t help that my husband walked by and said ‘why can’t you bake something normal, like blueberry muffins or something’. Yea, I was off to a good start.
Having baked them, I can’t believe how good they were and my husband agreed. They were super moist and paired perfectly with the cream cheese frosting. I do have to say, I adjusted the frosting by adding more vanilla extract and sugar in order to balance the very strong butter flavor. Next time, I will definitely cut the butter by at least four tablespoons and keep everything else the same. I baked a full batch and took them to a get together and they were a hit. Everyone loved them. The next time I have a lot of zucchini, I will definitely make these. Thanks Tracy for the great suggestion.
Now if you want to check out what everyone else did go here!!!
Enjoy!

23 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look perfect! Beautiful job- we really liked these too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so nice. It's funny to see the zucchini juxtaposed with the final product like that. You would never guess zucchini was in them when you look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I took them to a party and I kept getting asked if they were banana muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cupcakes look great! I love the way the frosting looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look like little cupcake postcards! perfect perfect perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect cupcakes. These were a hit at my house too. The perfect way to get rid of extra zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, seeing the zucchini in all it's healthy glory just makes me feel better about eating more of these!! I adapted the frosting too just to make it more firm for piping, but I think I almost went overboard on the sugar - how much did you add? They look beautiful!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cupcakes came out VERY nicely. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for baking along with me this month! I'm glad you pressed on despite the initial hesitation about the zucchini and I'm even more glad that these were such a hit (even with your skeptical husband)! Your cupcakes look terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. June- I added a lot more sugar then the recipe called for b/c I couldn't stand the butter taste. I may have added 2 more cups....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your zucchini's are beautiful! Also, the frosting looks so good. I forgot the cream cheese at the store, so I used powdered sugar. They were still good but with cream cheese...extra yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy! These look perfect. Love the swirl...and I have a bunch of those zucchinis in my veggie drawer! :) - mary the food librarian

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you piped the frosting on top! Looks like they came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, your husbands comment made me laugh. My boyfriend says the same kind of thing!

    Katie xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband wouldn't even eat one, so I'm jealous that your husband not only ate one, he liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's funny-men are so predictable. Next time just say it's carrot cake and they'll believe it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yours look awesome! You even took the time to pipe these bad boys.

    Mine came out like muffins, not cupcakes. Oh well.

    Thanks so much for baking along with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sugar B. thanks for organzing this. I know it must be a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cupcakes look great! Swirly frosting, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can attest to how good these are! quite possibly the best cupcakes I've had. My husband was shocked that something so yummy could have vegetables in it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pictures, and welcome to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cuppies look great! I love the perfectly swirled frosting! I found the frosting needed a bit of adjusting too...

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe Now

Custom Search